Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chrome, Chrome on the range...

So today, the folks at Google released their new browser (because we don't have enough browsers as it is - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera) to the world. Kudos to my sister, I didn't realize the launch date was today.

If you ever want to hear a good war story, and find out the history of browsers, visit this link:
The Browser Wars. It also covers why web browsers today are horrible, and why the lack of standards wasn't met.

Anyway, back to the topic. This new browser was built to fix a lot of issues common with web browsing today. From what I have read, it beats Internet Explorer and Firefox in speed tests when running javascript, and it beats them both on the Acid3 test (a test designed to check how well a browser comforms web standards as well as to DCOM and Javascript).

I thought I would give it a try, and add another notch on my browsers installed.
(Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 8 Beta, Safari 3.1.1 , Opera 9.52, and IceWeasel 3.0)
Hey, when you do web deisgn, you gotta make sure the page tests out). So, I downloaded Chrome, installed it, and voila!


Irony can be so ironic sometimes.

No comments: