Friday, August 1, 2008


Well, we made it to the hotel. We are about two miles from the battlefield itself. Since we got a later start than expected (we left at about 1:30pm) we arrived at a little after 8pm. Not bad considering traffic was backed up a while in DC due to a wreck.

Anyway, the hotel itself. There is only one word that comes to mind when I think of this hotel.

WOW!!!!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves below (Heather booked this in advance for my birthday. Is my wife awesome or what?)

One of the Grand Hallways in the hotel. I'll try to get shots of the grand entrance.
The bedroom is in a different room altogether.
I cannot describe in words how soft the bedsheets and pillows are.
A flatscreen HDTV for the room. It also contains an area for memory card plugins, so you can view your pictures.
There was a bug we found in the bed. Not sure if we should call the front desk, or just let the critter be.

Tomorrow we start off at 8:00am, with a personal tour guide, then follow up with a movie about the battle. If Heather and Emma haven't left me, we will go to the living history section of the battlefield.

No comments: